TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I just installed mine a few weeks ago, here's the "easy" way
People Seeking Info

Subject I just installed mine a few weeks ago, here's the "easy" way

Posted by whitepearlz on May 20, 2004 at 10:08 AM
  This message has been viewed 7236 times.

In Reply To Yugo / anybody -- need a link to a profec b instal posted by runzzz on May 20, 2004 at 07:27 AM

Message As Greg mentioned, I tapped into my wastegate lines where they would have connected to the hard-pipe nipples. In this first picture, you can see how I took the wastegate line off of the nipple, and added a brass (should never have a problem with that) barrel connector. You can also see the new line I added to the nipple, which loops around and under the nose panel:

This picture is after I extended some vacuum line onto the original wastegate line, using the barrel connector and compression clamps. You can see where I circled this in red. The small red circle is the route the vacuum line took on it's way to being underneath the nose panel:

This last picture kind of shows how I ran the lines to the solenoid, located at the far (passenger) side of the metal bar I used for securing the pop-charger and PTU. Although the lines are a little longer when mounting it here, I think the long-term benifits will outweigh mounting it in the engine bay, where it gets hotter than he77. Hope this helped maybe a little...

I have a few more various pics of my profec install. If you are curious about something else, maybe I can help.

~Mike

"dunno what else to say...
just lay on your back, look up in there and do it"
Posted by: nixit on April 10, 2004 at 9:26 PM

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.